[WikiEN-l] Re: Digital Universe

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Jan 10 04:19:51 UTC 2006

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Daniel P. B. Smith wrote:

> I'm not sure I've got it all figured out, but... according to http://
> www.digitaluniverse.net/participate/ , "While participation in
> discussion about the Digital Universe is free, we do require that you
> have a registered account with us. You can also download the free
> ManyOne browser..."
>
> The free ManyOne browser, which apparently embodies technology needed
> to participate, is only available for Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

I'm surprised by that one. I just happen to know of the developers who
is (or was) working on this project for LMS -- who happens to be a
member not only of the local Linux group here, but also of the local
you-have-to-pay-dues-to-belong Linux business organization.

Then again, he might have been working on the server end of the site, &
not on the browser (which, dollars against donuts is likely a slightly
tweaked variant of IE or Firefox).

Geoff