[WikiEN-l] The Wikipedia Ombudsman

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Jan 10 04:26:02 UTC 2006

Am I just missing the point again, or wouldn't this concept of a
"Wikipedia Ombudsman" duplicate much of what a member of the
Mediation Committee would do?

Maybe an Ombudsman would have a special power or two that the
average Admin wouldn't have or need (say, the ability to force
both parties to negotiate in good faith or suffer sanctions),
but I wouldn't be surprised that whatever shape the position
might have, it'd have a rate of turnover somewhere between
the ArbCom & the Mediation Committee -- that is, we'd burn
thru one Ombudsman every 4-7 months.

Just my $0.02,

Geoff