[WikiEN-l] Summarising policies and guidelines

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:54:35 UTC 2006

Hello all,
  I have an informal project to produce a summary of every policy and
guideline "in a nutshell" at [[Wikipedia:List of policies and
guidelines]].  I envisage that it would probably be useful to put that
nutshell summary on the policy pages in question, but that can wait
until such summaries are agreed upon.

The goal is basically to have a page that can explain *every policy and
guideline* to a user in a minute or two. Currently we have no real
limits on how many policies and guidelines there are, and nothing
stopping contradictory P/Gs being created. Consequently, people can pick
and choose which P/Gs they follow, and we end up having silly pages like
[[WP:ENC]] being created (I notice someone put the {policy} template
back on it, despite no consensus or active discussion...).  Some sort of
formal recognition that "yes, we have a community abide by the following
37 rules that we have created" would be good. If anti-anarchistic ;)

Anyway, if anyone feels like summarising a policy or guideline in one
line or so, or contributing any ideas on layout or project goals or
whatever, please do. There is discussion on an earlier version of the
project at [[template talk:Guideline one liner]].

Steve