[WikiEN-l] Snake, fire, rape

SP poore5 at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 9 15:56:39 UTC 2006

Hello folks,

Sorry to be talking about rape, again. Somewhat disturbing that your
first memories of me will be repeated posts on this topic.  I look at
all the threads but don't think I need to comment very often.

Several editor are putting an alleged child rape victims name in
articles without any support from mainstream media sources.  I have
argued against this content based on many WP policy/guidelines. But, I
can't find any specific policy or discussion about rape victims.

Can anyone remember any place in Wikipedia English where naming rape
victims in articles is discussed? I'm trying to find community
consensus, one way or the other, on this point.

There is an arbitration case on this topic,WebEx and Min Zhu. I am a
party. I added journalism sources to talk page of /Evidence. Most
mainstream media sources in the US withhold names without the consent of
rape victim.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/WebEx_and_Min_Zhu/Evidence

I removed the alleged victims name from my evidence and have asked arb
comm  to remove it from the rest of the parties. Substituting a
pseudonym is the usual practice in medical and legal cases that are
published. For privacy reasons, having the victims name written over and
over again in these cases is problem.

Regards,
FloNight aka Sydney