[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia Blocked IP address 82.148.97.67 is for the whole counrty!

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Jan 9 03:55:07 UTC 2006

Daniel R. Tobias wrote:

>The whole country has only one IP address?

Well, close to it.  All users of the ISP "Internet Qatar" access the
internet through proxy.qatar.net.qa, which resolves to the IP above.
Internet Qatar is the country's main ISP, so most users will appear to
be coming from that IP address, with the possible exception of some
corporate and .edu.qa locations.

-Mark