[WikiEN-l] userbox : insanity ?

Ben Emmel bratsche1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 01:54:20 UTC 2006

On 1/5/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have not followed ANY of the discussion on userbox. Have no idea what
> is going on, no idea who supports what, no idea what is going on.
>
> However, I just speedy deleted {{User masturbation-left}}.
>
> It contained this image :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Masturbationsm.jpg
>
> Sorry if that appears like an admin abuse or whatever, but imho, this is
> just ***ridiculous***.
>

> ant

Oh my. This takes the cake. I think we're at the point where we can start
mass-deleting the little userboxes for the good of Wikipedia.

If we don't start now, crap like this will just spread. It's time to put out
the fire. In regards to the few useful userboxes, I'm afraid that sometimes,
good trees get burnt with the bad.

--
Ben Emmel
Wikipedia - User:Bratsche
bratsche1 at gmail.com
"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees."
-- William Blake