[WikiEN-l] Worthy admins? (was "The userbox fad")

slimvirgin at gmail.com slimvirgin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:24:41 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, Chris Jenkinson <chris at starglade.org> wrote:
> Obviously we all need to be civil, presume good faith and listen to, and
> respond to other's opinions, so they don't feel ignored.

I know that bickering on the list is not good, but I can't ignore this
hypocrisy. Chris Jenkinson (user:Talrias), an admin, who calls for
civility, has caused me considerable trouble recently (to the point
where I've had to ask him to leave me alone) because I objected to his
wheel warring over the block of [[User:Marsden]]. Since then he has
made several personal attacks against me on talk pages, including
calling me a "liar,"
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Talrias&diff=prev&oldid=33921820
and deleting another admin's NPA warning about it, then accusing me of
"whining" when I wrote to the list yesterday about my concerns over
the admin selection process (prompted precisely by behavior like his).

More sorry details here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3AAdministrators%27_noticeboard%2FIncidents&diff=33939047&oldid=33937039

Regardless of how right we may be about an issue, there's no excuse
for anything that even looks like one admin harassing another, or
calling each other liars. This is the behavior that I'm noticing more
and more, which is why I expressed concern yesterday. To see one of
the culprits pontificate about the need to be civil after publicly
displaying the opposite behavior is too much.

Sarah