[WikiEN-l] Worthy admins? (was "The userbox fad")

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 08:26:11 UTC 2006

On 1/5/06, Nathan Russell <windrunner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps Arbcom could be enlarged, and start forming qorums of 5-6 to
> hear the incoming cases on some sort of rotating basis?

This was rejected because currently, all Arbitrators must hear all cases, so
adding to Arbcom doesn't reduce the amount of work. Having a  low quorum, or
splitting the Arbcom into two panels, means you get an incoherent political
situation where the result of the RFA is determined by the randomly selected
makeup of the panel. What will happen when one Arbcom disagrees with the
other?

The idea that some people floated, that I picked up, was creating "lower
courts", probably made up of a single user, that would hear cases
originally; and Arbcom would only hear cases on appeal. I wrote up a
proposal (with some help from others) at [[User:Ryan Delaney/sandbox]], but
it seems the idea has been dropped. A pity, since it seemed like a rather
good one- it could solve all the problems we have right now.

Ryan