[WikiEN-l] Worthy admins? (was "The userbox fad")

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Wed Jan 4 17:44:47 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, charles matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Is it any longer possible to be familiar with enough of the
> key policy pages?  Why is there no 'Dummies' guide?  (Well, maybe there is
> and I just don't come across it.)  Norms - well, yes, community norms are
> what actually matter.

"Don't use admin powers to do anything that another admin might in
good faith disagree with."  I suspect that was the original intention
of all the rules and policies regarding adminship, but I suppose that
has since been extended.  Still, it's not so bad if a new admin uses
that as the primary rule unless they know of a policy which explicitly
says otherwise.

Anthony