[WikiEN-l] Worthy admins? (was "The userbox fad")

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Wed Jan 4 16:02:40 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:
> I almost wish it were feasible to make a "Request for De-adminship" where
> someone could be nominated for admin removal as a result of a user conduct
> RFC, but then I realize what a trollpit that would become in a matter of
> hours. Arbcom is really the only way to take away admin rights with any
> measure of civillity and rationality. And they are swamped.
>
> Maybe we need to be thinking harder about how to improve Arbcom.
>
> Ryan

Maybe the arb com needs to be thinking harder about how to improve
arbcom.  Would it be out of the arbcom's jurisdiction to establish
groups of people to help them out? Couldn't they say "X, Y, and Z are
beurocrats who, if the three of them agree, can temporarily de-admin a
user; the arbcom reserves the power to overrule any decision they
make"?

Anthony