[WikiEN-l] Worthy admins? (was "The userbox fad")

Kat Walsh mindspillage at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 05:37:34 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/3/06, Guettarda <guettarda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 1/3/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Dispute resolution is not an admin task
> > >
> > > People keep seem to be forgeting this.
> >
> > Thanks Geni.  I was trying to think of a way to say that
>
> It isn't, but being able to handle a dispute in an adult and
> reasonable manner certainly IS required.  Most administrative tasks
> have a high potential to be controversial (e.g. deletion, blocking)
> and I don't want to appoint someone who won't be able to handle such
> situations.
>
> -Matt

I agree with this. I'd like to see someone who, if they have the
inclination to jump into things likely to be controversial such as
deletion or blocking, will handle it well. Evidence of good dispute
resolution skills in other aspects of editing is a sign that
misunderstandings regarding these things will be worked out
reasonably.

-Kat

--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mindspillage | (G)AIM:LucidWaking
"Once you have tasted flight you will always walk with your eyes cast