[WikiEN-l] The userbox fad

Jtkiefer jtkiefer at wordzen.net
Wed Jan 4 01:29:16 UTC 2006

> If you're deleting userboxes because they are copyright violations, then
>fine. But what I've been hearing is that you're deleting them because
>they're a waste of time and cause Wikipedia editors to factionalize by POV.
>Not fine.
>
>Ryan

I don't have a position (yet) on the whole useless template issue but in
terms of copyvio templates it should suffice to just remove the image
and since in many cases people are stubbornly opposed to removal of
fairuse images that should not be on templates and userboxes then the
user should be informed of the rules regarding fairuse images and the
template should be protected if the are repeatedly added and a block may
be appropriate if the user blatantly continues to violate copyright rules.

-Jtkiefer