[WikiEN-l] Proposal on userbox disagreement

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 00:40:18 UTC 2006

On 1/3/06, SCZenz <sczenz at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. Kelly Martin aknowledges that there are many serious contributors who
> like userboxes, so her decision to delete userboxes in defiance of those
> contributors' opinions was an overreaction.

This has nothing to do with Kelly Martin.  To give an indication of
the scale and rapidity of the growth of this problem, editing of
userboxes in December exceeded by a good margin all editing of
userboxes, ever, prior to that month.  Of 44 templates listed under
beliefs, I counted only 3 that existed before December, and the vast
majority seem to have been created in the past two weeks.

We must stamp hard on this or we will have permitted these new editors
to rebuild Wikipedia in the form of a network of people classified by
political and religious alliances.