[WikiEN-l] Worthy admins? (was "The userbox fad")

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 3 20:16:33 UTC 2006

"Carbonite"  wrote

>The reality is that de-admining isn't a simple process and it's only
likely to be successful in clear cases of admin misconduct. In cases
where an admin hasn't blatantly abused his powers, but has made many
poor judgement calls, there's not much that can be done.

I certainly remember a time - and it can't have been so long ago - when it
was generally assumed that one could reason with Wikipedians.  Indeed we
were rather reluctant to write off individuals as irrational.

Does that not scale, then?

Charles