[WikiEN-l] Worthy admins? (was "The userbox fad")

Ben Emmel bratsche1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:14:12 UTC 2006

On 1/3/06, Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I almost hate to say this, but with the growing size and
> > popularity of Wikipedia, we might need to start treating
> > adminship truly as a big deal.
>
> So what you're saying is: Too much privilege (and prestige) and not
> enough responsibility? How do we fix it?
>
> Steve

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Admins have plenty of responsibility.
There's a lot of work to be done. However, there needs to be a certain
measure of accountability, and that candidates that go through RfA clearly
need to show that they understand and will follow all the major policies of
Wikipedia: Blocking, deletion, NPA, AGF and all that good stuff.

The only way I can see in fixing it is to be more stringent in RfA
nominations

--
Ben Emmel
Wikipedia - User:Bratsche
bratsche1 at gmail.com
"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees."
-- William Blake