[WikiEN-l] The userbox fad

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 16:48:20 UTC 2006

On 1/3/06, Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Last month one editor used userbox
> information to locate dozens of people who shared his religious
> persuasion in an overt attempt to destroy the consensual
> decision-making process of Wikipedia.

Was this editor successful?  I get appeals on my user talk page for various
things on a regular basis, and I treat them just like any other thing may
have seen on rfc.  Just because an editor is contacted doesn't mean they've
signed on to the fight.  I don't think such contacts are a good thing, but
I'm not convinced they are, on the whole, successful at what they're trying
to do.