[WikiEN-l] Re: Ads on Wikipedia?

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:50:52 UTC 2006

Every two to three years Jimbo flips his opinion on the advertising
issue, which I suppose is good, as long as we never have ads.*

I think there are better revenue streams for the Wikimedia Foundation
to be pursuing, in particular CD/DVD dead-tree versions of
Wikipedia/Wikibooks, although those will corrupt the nature of the
project too, perhaps in worse ways, so who really knows.

But then I like the idea of free public libraries, which makes me
something of a Communist in the eyes of free-market techno-capitalist
libertarians these days.

Note: