[WikiEN-l] Re: Ads on Wikipedia

Ben Emmel bratsche1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 04:09:40 UTC 2006

On 1/2/06, Peter Mackay <peter.mackay at bigpond.com> wrote:

> I don't think Google would have any trouble attracting "a few thousand
> ambitious know-it-alls". Surely you don't think that WP has cornered the
> market on such people?
>
> Peter (Skyring)

I actually think that people would go to a Googlepedia pretty quickly.
There's always that prestige associated with saying to someone "I work with
Google." With the strength of its name alone, Google could attract a
sizeable population in a matter of months. How it would work out, I'm not
sure. Isn't Google a supporter of Wikipedia though, in terms of server space
and PageRank?

--
Ben Emmel
Wikipedia - User:Bratsche
bratsche1 at gmail.com
"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees."
-- William Blake