[WikiEN-l] Ads and image licensing

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 01:15:17 UTC 2006

I think what you are trying to ask -- and I don't know the answer --
is whether or not a not-for-profit organization in the U.S. would be
allowed to generate revenue by hosting advertising. I can't imagine
Mediawiki would even consider something which would endanger its
not-for-profit status so I doubt this is a problem. It'd still be
"non-commercial" in both a legal and ethical sense.

FF