[WikiEN-l] Article: Childlove movement

homey2005 at sympatico.ca homey2005 at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 1 19:32:45 UTC 2006

> And how exactly is "pedophilia advocacy" not some neologistic term itself?

"Pedophile advocacy" is no more a neologism than "Opposition to the war in Iraq". It's simply the compilation of accepted terms into a descriptive phrase. The neologism in "childlove movement" is the term "childlove" which exists in no standard dictionary and is not used by any mainstream sources. The term "pedophile" is well established as is the word "advocacy".

> "Childlove movement" is the name by which they refer to themselves

That's insufficient for NPOV, indeed to use a term simply because a particular group uses it is very POV. We should not use a euphemism simply because advocates prefer it. If we did we'd be referring to "white nationalists" rather than "white supremacists", "Racial rationalists" rather than "racists", "Historical revisionists" rather than "Holocaust deniers".

> and subsequently how they are referred to by others.

That statement is based on a false premise. It is simply not the case that a group of people is automatically referred to by the name they give themselves (see my earlier argument about "white nationalists"). Secondly, we have no evidence that this is the case with the pedophile movement. Lexis/Nexis shows no occurances of the term "childlove" in published media reports.

Anyway, another editor has moved the article to "pedophile advocacy" based on consensus in the AFD so now the discussion should shift to the contents of the article itself.

Homey