[WikiEN-l] Regarding the "change size" indicator in change lists

Gurch matthew.britton at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 30 11:01:59 UTC 2006

Luna wrote:
> I've assumed the new numbers (I'm not sure what to call them) were wrapped
> in a div or span to make them friendly to CSS customization. From there on,
> if a user doesn't like them, they're free to change the colors, text
> decoration, or anything else, or even just make them disappear. As is
> frequently the case with open source projects, if you don't like something,
> you're usually free to *fix it*.

The non-bold numbers are to be wrapped in <span> tags with one of the
following three classes:

mw-plusminus-neg   (< 0, currently red)
mw-plusminus-null  (0, currently grey)
mw-plusminus-pos   (> 0, currently green)

The bold numbers are wrapped in <strong> tags with the same class. I'm
not sure if this means the boldness can be customized with CSS but the
colours certainly can be. (I never use Recent Changes so haven't tried
myself).

-Gurch