[WikiEN-l] More drama

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 01:21:44 UTC 2006

On 12/29/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> I seem to have caused a bit of a stir on the AfD for the article Ghost
> ramp.  I commented that if the Keep advocates don't fix the
> fundamental problems identified with the article at its previous AfD
> two months ago - which are: no reliable source for the name, no
> reliable source for the description and all the inclusions sourced to
> maps and satellite photos, i.e. original research - then I will delete
> it as original research.

I think you're wrong here. To my mind, if there is an interesting
topic worth writing about, the lack of an official accepted term
should *not* inhibit us from writing about it. We avoid neologisms
where possible - but if not possible, we should use the least
neologistic word possible. I'm sure there are plenty of examples of
this, particularly when we're writing on topics which may never have
been discussed in English before.

In this case, I would be inclined to rename the page "List of
incomplete onramps and offramps". In any case, if you're nominating a
page for deletion because you don't like the name, shame on you...

Steve