[WikiEN-l] More drama

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 18:16:25 UTC 2006

On 28/12/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> Since the AfD was started there have been only three edits to the
> article, and the only sources added are of the same kind.  Am I really
> completely off-base in thinking that direct interpretation of maps and
> satellite photos is original research?  I can't really see it as
> anything else.

I was going to just agree with you, but took a look at the article and
took a look at one of the maps in question:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.839503,-92.152655&spn=0.00826,0.023732&t=h&om=1

The map (which overlays a satellite photo) is pretty unambiguous. From
the map one can see the ghost ramp, and can determine its coordinates.
I could accept your point if we were talking about satellite photos
only. But maps are symbolic representations of space; they are
designed to be unambiguous and easily read.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)