[WikiEN-l] User:Virgin United creates article for Virgin Unite

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Dec 28 13:22:06 UTC 2006

On 12/28/06, Gregory Kohs <thekohser at gmail.com> wrote:
> How is this not a violation of the WP:COI guideline?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Virgin_Unite&diff=prev&oldid=96734143

Here's a possibility: maybe [[User:Virgin United]] has nothing to do
with [[Virgin Unite]].  Seems unlikely to me that Virgin Unite would
create a username spelling its own name wrong.

> I guess if you donate enough money on December 27th to the Wikimedia
> Foundation, you're allowed to create whatever you want about yourself on
> Wikipedia.

Unless they're blocked from creating new articles, anyone can create
whatever they want about themselves on Wikipedia.

> When I suggested that MyWikiBiz could make per-article donations
> to Wikimedia, I was hissed out of the room.

So...have you decided that you were wrong before, or are you just
being hypocritical?

Anthony