[WikiEN-l] The boundaries of OR (contd)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 23:02:16 UTC 2006

On 27/12/06, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Back to some basics of my argument, or proposal, or whatever it has become:
> I am not talking about 'experts'. If I see an edit has been made to an
> Article in WP I would like to be able go to that Article's History Page and
> see the 'source' (person) of that edit, with a User Name in Blue. Then, if I
> choose, I can go to that corresponding User Page and learn something about
> that editor - it really is that simple!

If their userpage is a red link or they're anon, that tells you
something about them too ;-) As it is, IPs don't get no respect. Which
is unfortunate, but statistically justifiable.

That said, people *still* don't believe that "edit this page" means
them too. I try to encourage people to edit, saying we are very
pleased to have just anyone fix typos, etc., without having to create
yet another web page login to remember.

- d.