[WikiEN-l] The boundaries of OR (contd)

Ryan Wetherell renardius at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 04:31:15 UTC 2006

On 12/26/06, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/26/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No, a source is only required for anything that is disputed. That's
> pretty fundamental, WP:V. Quite workable and highly desirable.
>
> Jay.

And it goes above and beyond just WP.  Citations of claims,
inferences/conclusions/derived statements, and non-obvious factual
statements (that is, not common knowledge [taking the arbitrary nature
of "common knowledge" into consideration, of course]) are simply an
academic "must" if you aim to be taken seriously.  That's how I
interpret relevant Wikipedia policies, and how I apply them.

--Ryan