[WikiEN-l] CSD A7

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 22:21:10 UTC 2006

> Having the article sit there doing nothing for five days isn't too bad.

Exactly.

> Sometimes, though, the prod tag gets removed, at which point I have to
> make a procedural listing at AfD and reset the five-day countdown to
> when the article can go, which does make me wonder if it's really worth
> it.

Yeah, that is annoying... maybe PRODs should have to go through an
extra step to be removed: One person adds a PROD tag, another changes
it to a DISPUTED-PROD tag, another can then remove the tag, after
which it has to go through AfD to be deleted. Admins can delete
DISPUTED-PRODs after the usual 5 days (or maybe 2 days after the
dispute is added if it is disputed in the last 2 days of the 5 day
period). Basically, this means 2 people have to agree in order for a
PROD to be removed (yes, this can be got around with sockpuppets, but
there isn't much we can do about that that we don't do already).

> On the other hand, quite a few get speedied by another administrator
> shortly after I've PRODded them -- in which case I've wasted time and
> may as well just have disposed of it myself. So perhaps for that reason
> alone we should either change A7 or agree to stick to it; I don't know.

All admins should follow the same set of rules - there shouldn't be a
lottery involved in CSD, an article should be either deleted or kept
regardless of who is patrolling CSD at the time.