[WikiEN-l] Crediting images inside the article text

Andrey yaroslavl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 16:07:04 UTC 2006

I wanted to post this on Village Pump but, after Bogdan's query, I will
ask this question here. Is it appropriate to indicate in image captions the
website from which a photograph is taken? The way it is done on [[Nestor
Kukolnik]] or [[Taganrog Museum of Art]]? It seems to me odd to advertise
image copyright holders in Wikipedia articles. Andrey