[WikiEN-l] Main Page Featured Article

NSLE (Wikipedia) nsle.wikipedia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 01:57:50 UTC 2006

I assume most of the list's readers know what problems we've been having
with the TFA each day on the main page (vandals inserting shock images into
transcluded-on-transcluded templates). In case some don't, I'm posting this
to see if anyone has ideas off how to avoid this. It's been discussed
extensively on ANI, and there does not seem to be a workable solution to it.
The images are being uploaded by sleeper socks old enough to upload them,
and protecting every single template on TFA (including
transcluded-on-transcluded ones) can be tedious for the admins. I've
suggested perhaps substituting the templates before they become TFA (and
re-transcluding after), but do the other list readers have any solution?

--NSLE