[WikiEN-l] MONGO and the ArbCom

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Mon Dec 18 08:34:33 UTC 2006

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:57:00 -0500, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com>
wrote:

>I reckon MONGO will take a rest for a few months and come back as an
>admin.  When he does, I will almost certainly take the very very rare
>step of actually voting yes to support his adminship.

This is my hope, too.  We (he fellow admins) failed him, I think, in
not providing adequate support and not checking him earlier.  It is
unfortunate that the previous ArbCom case re MONGO did not adequately
express the concerns which were obviously felt back then, but I can
understand why that might have been the case - we do not want ArbCom
to give succour to trolls.  I am very much more comfortable with the
decision now it has been bolstered with a more detailed discussion of
the evidence.

A lot of us feel MONGO was hung out to dry, but I suspect that many,
maybe most, will acknowledge that the result of the case was both fair
and consistent with other similar cases.  As I say, the real failure
was that it ever got to that stage.  Having got there, the result was
probably inevitable.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk