[WikiEN-l] Hello

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 00:37:58 UTC 2006

On 12/14/06, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of the fundamental tenets of wikis is that they remain as close to
> natural language and markup as possible -- the wiki format should remain
> readable.
>
> This:
>
> Paris is a [[type:=city]] in
> [[located in::France]], with a population of
> [[population:=1,000,000,000]].
>
> is not.

Agreed. I don't see a major benefit in attempting to write "semantics"
*in* the text. This would be fine:

Paris is a city in France with a population of 10,000,000.
[[Category:...]]
[[Type:=City]]
[[Location::France]]
[[Population:=10000000]]

Perhaps rather than attempting to fuse that stuff with the text, try
fusing it with an infobox, which is inherently a way of formatting raw
data?

Steve