[WikiEN-l] What to do with $1.000.000

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 19:08:38 UTC 2006

I remember a post way back about what the Wikimedia Foundation should do in
case it receives a large grant or donation.
For the past few days I've been collecting data for a number of new
articles, and I realized how lucky I am.
A lot of people don't have access to things like Pubmed and LexisNexis and
those are particularly useful in citing articles.
Buying a set of books and making their contents available is nice, but still
growing databases of information are more useful, especially now we should
focus more on sources instead of new content as Jimbo said at the Wikimania
conference. As soon as I finish my study, my access to those databases will
cease to exist. I don't know the numbers, but perhaps a number of
Wikipedians, say those in a referencing taskforce, should get access to such
services with the help of the foundation...

Mgm