[WikiEN-l] Office actions

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Fri Dec 15 17:40:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:18:43 +0000, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

>Admins have rather a lot of other things to do. Admin only editing of
>articles does not strike me as a good idea. In theory at least when it
>comes to editing we are all equal.

I'm not sure I agree here.  There is a bar to entry for admins, and it
is reasonable to require, at least in the short term, that we allow
editing only by trusted individuals.  Protection is a blunt instrument
and certainly excludes many highly trustworthy individuals, but it
does exclude most of those likely to perpetuate the problem. Hopefully
if the clarification Jimbo gave is taken to heart, the protection
period can be reduced as we fix the articles.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG