[WikiEN-l] Off-article linkspamming

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Dec 14 20:02:24 UTC 2006

I think I agree with your breakdown...

Spam is spam.  Linking to your own sites from your own personal user and
user talk pages is fine and common practice.  Putting an eternal link in
your sig is an abomination from an aesthetic perspective if nothing else. :)

Deletion of spammy urls from pages, and indeed deletion of whole pages
in some cases, are always a good idea.  And blocking people who do such
things is a good idea too.