[WikiEN-l] new Google Earth tie-in (!!)

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Dec 14 01:33:11 UTC 2006

> World Wind support is a worthy cause, and everyone would like to see
> it.  Please don't mix up worthy causes with what is, frankly, trolling
> and nonsense speculation about "selling out".

I think the term "selling out" is quite appropriate when an
organization dedicated to helping out the free content movement
"negotiates" to put its name on software like Google Earth
(proprietary software used to distribute proprietary content).

That's probably the difference of opinion I have which you hostilly
call "trolling", but if not feel free to point to which part it is.

Anthony

(*) If Gregory Maxwell is correct that the use of the logo was
"negotiated", which hasn't yet been confirmed.