[WikiEN-l] new Google Earth tie-in (!!)

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 00:30:53 UTC 2006

On 14/12/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:

>  I say get behind World Wind and/or some other free software.  Make it
> a point to *not* support Google Earth.  That's worth more in my
> opinion.

Perhaps a more pragmatic point: Google Earth came up to us and said
"hey, we'd like to do XYZ, do you object?" (or something along those
lines) This isn't us thinking "hey, be nice to do something like this,
let's pick Google as a partner" - it's a project approaching us, with
an idea they want to implement, for cooperation. Big conceptual
difference, to my mind at least, from us deciding to support one or
the other.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk