[WikiEN-l] Problem with {{contradicting}}

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Wed Dec 13 23:49:39 UTC 2006

I think the {{contradicting}} template is problematic because it doesn't
require the user to specify what the supposed contradiction is. Some
people seem to add it as if it was an intrinsic property of the subject,
rather than a request to fix something. When I removed it with the
comment "Please don't add the contradiction tag without giving your
reasons on the Talk page, otherwise I won't know what to fix in the
article", it was simply added back in with the edit summary "who keeps
removing that template?".

Timwi