[WikiEN-l] quick question: different policies for different namespaces?

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 13 20:59:32 UTC 2006

Can someone remind me where it's stated how our policies are
applied differently for different namespaces, and how many of
those differences there are?  I'm pretty sure the rules for talk
pages are different, but are there also significant differences
between "project" pages and the main namespace (i.e. ns:0)?

(I ask because I'm becoming embroiled in a delightful -- not! --
tempest-in-a-teapot over proposed sweeping new policies for the
Reference Desks, and one of the sticking points seems to be the
extent to which core policies such as WP:NOR and WP:V should be
applied there.  But I mention this only for information; I'm not
trying to extend the RD debate to this mailing list.)