[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Completely unreasonable block and behavior by admin friends of Itaqallah to win a content dispute

Jim Schuler jim62sch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 10:35:01 UTC 2006

On 12/12/06, Parker Peters <onmywayoutster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/12/06, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 12/12/06, Tariq Ab- Jo- Tu- <tariqabjotu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > However, I don't appreciate the accusations (not from
> > > you, George) of this being some Muslim Guild conspiracy. It's not; I'm
> > > not even a member of the Muslim Guild.
> > >

> > Lest anyone misunderstand on that point, I fully agree that claims of a
> > conspiracy starting this are clearly unreasonable, and help show why
> Runed
> > may not have the temperment to be a productive WP editor.
> >
> > I don't agree with Parker Peters that it is a conflict of interest for
> > Muslim admins to react to abuse issues on Islam related pages.
> >
> > I think that it is a generally tendentious and unhelpful thing to do.
>
> In cases where a Muslim editor is in an edit conflict with another editor
> on
> an Islam-related topic, a third admin who just "happens" to be Muslim is
> definitely going to raise questions over conflict of interest, especially
> when both sides are accusing each other of POV pushing and the Muslim
> admin
> sides with the Muslim editor.
>
> Parker

I see.  So if a Christian editor and an unspecified editor are duking it out
on the Creation article, whatever admin decides to step in can't be
Christian because of potential COI, especially if he happened to agree with
the Christian editor?  OK, so if the other editor is an atheist, then I
suppose an atheist admin would be blocked from acting for the same reason.
But since Muslims and Jews are "of the Book", as Guy said, and since both
believe in a Creation myth, they couldn't step in either so I guess we would
need to search for a Hindu or Buddhist or Shintoist, yes?  At what point
does the lunacy end?  Or, could it be that Peter Parker or Parker Peters or
whatever simply has a visceral hatred for and innate suspicion of Muslims?