[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Completely unreasonable block and behavior by admin friends of Itaqallah to win a content dispute

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 00:23:58 UTC 2006

On 12/12/06, Tariq Ab- Jo- Tu- <tariqabjotu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Take a look at
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_checkuser/Case/RunedChozo
> ;
> the block was not lengthened for the edits on his talk page; it was over
> possible block evasion and further incivility. If the Request for
> CheckUser concludes that the IP is indeed RunedChozo, the block is most
> certainly valid. Otherwise, perhaps it will go back to the original
> forty-eight hours. However, I don't appreciate the accusations (not from
> you, George) of this being some Muslim Guild conspiracy. It's not; I'm
> not even a member of the Muslim Guild.
>
> -- Tariq Ab- Jo- Tu-
>
> George Herbert wrote:
> >
> >> As far as I can see, it's entirely over his editing of his talk page,
> >> removing unblock request refusals and re-unblock-requesting, plus
> >> arguing with people there.
> >>
> >> As a personal opinion - lengthening blocks due to ongoing argument
> >> ONLY on a blockee's talk page is among the worst abuses that a pack of
> >> administrators can commit, ganging up on someone.
> >>
> >> RunedChozo came into the argument with a bunch of abuses he'd
> >> committed counting against him, and certainly was being disruptive on
> >> several levels.  He did have one point that I see - Itaquallah did use
> >> inappropriate edit summaries and remove material with source info
> >> claiming it's unsourced.  There was a two-sided abusive edit war going
> >> on; Itaquallah was not an innocent party there, and should have been
> >> warned against that.
> >>
> >> It's hard to see this and not wonder if RunedChozo is too disruptive
> >> to be a Wikipedia participant, but a bunch of admins have gone and
> >> collectively beaten up on someone in a way which is not called for or
> >> appropriate.  If someone can't stop being a dick on their talk page
> >> while they're blocked, admins need to just walk away and let them cool
> >> down.
> >>
> >> Bad day.

If this sort of evidence is not posted in the ANI discussion, user talk
page, or in the block message, it's a little hard for other admins to figure
out that there are other evasion claims outstanding...

Note that the time-of-day of edits by (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/70.114.237.14 ) are
completely outside hours of the day when RunedChozo has typically edited
before, and predate his being blocked by a day.  A reasonable suspicion
could be made based on targets and content, but you might want to checkuser
this first and extend a block for evasion later...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com