[WikiEN-l] Admins who pretend to quit (was Re: MONGO and the ArbComm)

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 12 22:35:41 UTC 2006

"M Roget" wrote

> Can we have a rule that states that any admin who "quits" Wikipedia to
> protest this or that is automatically desysopped?

Not sure I want that.

The 'wiki way' has always involved the idea that if you are fed up of the wiki, you take a break. Some people make a big deal about that, which is a pity (flouncing takes some dress sense, in my experience ...)

People in standing who leave and come back should be welcomed. That's about it.

We do have an Arbitration principle that those who give up admin powers while 'under a cloud' cannot expect to resume them without confirmation.

Charles