[WikiEN-l] MONGO and the ArbCom

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 18:13:53 UTC 2006

> We need to stop regarding adminship as a pure reward and its removal
> as some terrible punishment. We should thank MONGO for his efforts,
> and look forward to the day when he can again be claimed as an example
> for the community.

Entirely the reasoning behind my support for this.  Do I think MONGO
is a bad person?  No.  Do I think that the stress and harassment he's
been subjected to excuses his behaviour?  Absolutely.

Do I think it likely that that stress and harassment will push him to
make further errors with his admin tools?  I do.  It is for that
reason that I am supporting his de-adminship.  If he returns with a
clear head and a tolerable level of stress, I will enthusiastically
support his re-adminship in the future.

Arguments that we've given people a pass in similar circumstances
before ignores the fact that, many times, that pass has returned to
bite us.  Arbcom is not held to precedent for exactly that reason.

-Matt