[WikiEN-l] The vexed issue of sources

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Dec 9 17:06:57 UTC 2006

I think that this takes the original research ban a little too far.  We
are talking here about a place and a directly observable fact about the
place.  The original research here was done by the people who put the
information own the wall.  Any Wikipedian who cares to (I'm sure we have
plenty of Wikipedians in or near Philadelphia.) can go there and take a
photo of the wall for verification.  It fits in fine with a policy of
having people go out and take their own photos of whatever to replace
fair use photos.  IOW when should original research be used as grounds
for rejecting a photo?

Ec