[WikiEN-l] The vexed issue of sources

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 8 21:57:21 UTC 2006

Thomas Dalton wrote:
> Could you point me in the direction of a legal copy of some recent TV
> shows, then?
>
> If someone recorded it, they might be able to show it to a few friends
> in the privacy of their own home, but much more than that and it's
> distributing a copyrighted work, and that's illegal.

That's like saying a published book is not a verifiable source because I
can't make more copies and pass those around to wouldbe checkers. If you
don't have a copy of the book I used, you're going to have to borrow it.
Some of the more addicted Wikipedians have even been known to *buy*
books in order to use them as references!

Stan