[WikiEN-l] The vexed issue of sources

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 00:46:15 UTC 2006

On 12/7/06, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Or indeed "Dialogue reveals that a court-martial may be convened in
> > the absence of any JAG officers by three presiding command-level
> > officers".
>
> That sounds fine to me. If something is specifically stated in an
> episode, then it can be used in the article with the episode as a
> primary source.

Moreover, the court martial was actually convened in such a fashion
during the episode, so this is an instance of poor wording that
appears to be OR rather than actual original research.

In regards to the rest of the article, I'm kind of torn here.
Obviously we need sources for comparisons or claims of influence.  On
the other hand, if a fictional trial obviously resembles a US military
court martial, why can't we just say that?