[WikiEN-l] Anne Milton (was Re: Attack blogs in WP:LIVING articles)

David Boothroyd david at election.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 23:48:08 UTC 2006

Guy Chapman writes:
>On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 23:11:05 +0000, David Boothroyd
><david at election.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>  >Guy Chapman accepts inclusion in the text, but objects to the link on
>  >grounds of WP:EL and WP:BLP.
>
>No, I think that inclusion of the Times-sourced reference does not
>violate [[WP:BLP]], but I consider that the entire thing violates
>[[WP:NPOV#Undue weight]].

It's interesting that you should choose this moment to announce
your conversion to this view, which you had previously mentioned as
merely a fallback position. For what it's worth, the first time an
edit war broke out over the Tim Ireland issue, it did dominate the
article: see
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Anne_Milton&oldid=60181758
for one example of an old revision, most of which is taken over either
by reporting the blog or its contents. This did cause problems with
undue weight, until on June 30th one very helpful editor came in and
researched a much longer article. Modesty forbids me from saying
who exactly this much maligned editor was.
--
David Boothroyd - http://www.election.demon.co.uk
david at election.demon.co.uk (home)