[WikiEN-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 5 16:25:42 UTC 2006

Bryan Derksen wrote:
> This is all semantic quibbling. The basic situation is simply this;
> Wikimedia has a mailing list for the discussion of editing Wikipedia,
> and I am not permitted to join this mailing list because I happen to be
> male (a "condition" that has no affect whatsoever on my editing, and
> which is only known because years back I decided to use my real name
> instead of some uninformative pseudonym).
>
> That is discrimination. Whether it's "reverse" of not is of no concern
> to me, the effect is exactly the same.

Yawn. Sorry, you're not Rosa Parks. Do you barge into women's restrooms
and start declaiming about reverse discrimination there too?

If wikichix-l members develop a consensus decision about something that
actually affects WP, they'll have to present it more widely sooner or
later, which will give you plenty of opportunity to savage it.

Stan