[WikiEN-l] SOS -- Save Our Sources

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 03:30:56 UTC 2006

On 12/3/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe we should also have a way of making dead-tree sources
> available (through scans etc) for verification.

This makes me very nervous, as I envision people challenging all sorts
of what are now unchallenged, acceptable sources because they can't be
bothered to go to the library and check out a widely available book.
No way am I going to start scanning things in.  This sort of thing
should only be reserved for unavailable sources in controversial
articles (things that probably shouldn't be used in controversial
articles anyway, but that's another issue) and if we set up a system
for it, it will encourage people to use and demand this sort of
verification. AGF and a library card should suffice.