[WikiEN-l] Nazi userboxes

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 04:04:04 UTC 2006

Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> Nope totaly legal in the US. PRobably not legal in germany probably
>> legal in the UK.
>
> Indeed, the only country that has laws against being pro-nazi, to my
> knowledge, is Germany. As long as it isn't in the template space, we
> might as well let it be.

The use of insignia of organizations that have been banned in Germany
(like the Nazi swastika or the arrow cross) may also be illegal in
Germany, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, France, Brazil and
other countries, depending on context. In Germany, the applicable law is
paragraph 86a of the criminal code (StGB), in Poland – Art. 256 of the
criminal code (Dz.U. 1997 nr 88 poz. 553).

(Bonus points if tell me where it came from)