[WikiEN-l] Verifiability equating to notability

Pete Bartlett pcb21 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 07:12:09 UTC 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Philip Welch
>> I had a bash at creating a proposal which would define notability on
>> wikipedia as meaning that an article or topic is mentioned in a third
>> party reliable source.

>I can provide multiple third party reliable sources as evidence that
>there is a four way stop on the intersection between Merman Drive and
>Terre View Drive in Pullman, Washington. Does that mean that
>aforementioned four way stop is worthy of mention in Wikipedia?

Recalling Jimbo's "Ten Things That Should Be Free"
(http://many.corante.com/archives/2005/08/05/jimbos_problems_a_free_culture_manifesto.php)

in particular number 7: Free the Maps!

I would say absolute yes that information should be in a Wikimedia project that
seamlessly integrates into Wikipedia.

Pete